The sauce that I seek will be delicious but not overpowering. Spicy but not tongue scaldingly hot. For the most part, not too smokey or too sweet. I surely do Love The Hot Sauce, and I am always looking for those perfectly balanced additions to compliment delicious foods. As I try new sauces and revisit old ones I will let you know how they pair up with each food. Please feel free to share your opinions, thoughts, and suggestions. I hope for us all to benefit from this menu of hot sauces– including myself.
With this website I am going to share with you some wonderful spicy recipes. I will also let you know the what the best hot sauces are that you can use to give some heat too some not so spicy recipes.
We are often times preparing food for family and guests who may not always appreciate the heat levels of us hot pepper lovers. So when those times arise, as they often do, you will have a full arsenal of tasty, fiery sauces that go great with each kind of meal.
Since food and hot sauce go together, I will offer advice on products and techniques to make the best meals and sauces. For me BBQ Grilling and hot sauce go hand in hand, so be prepared for me to touch on the subject of grilling and meat fairly regularly…yummm!
In addition I intend to share with you all things related to chili peppers, from the history of our favorite little fruits, to modern day uses, including the science and health benefits of hot peppers.
To read any or all of my Posts, Reviews, and Helpful Hints on Hot Sauces, Spicy Foods, Recipes, and related topics check out the menu categories above.
The Scoville Scale
Here is fun little video that gives a bit of history of the Scoville scale, which is how the heat of a chili pepper is measured.
My Hot Sauce List
This is a list of hot sauces I currently have in my kitchen. Not all of them are the best hot sauces you can buy. I have everything from $12 per bottle (or more) to six bottle variety packs for $5 from Wal-mart or Costco. I am constantly buying new ones and trying my existing ones with different dishes. That is why I built this website. I would love to share what I find that goes wonderful together, and also what doesn’t. I am posting this list so that you all can ask me to try any particular sauce with any particular food you wish. My hope is to help you to get just the right sauce for your favorite dish.
As of today I have:
July 17, 2017 (This is continually updated as I get new hot sauces)
Sauces Highlighted in Red are sauces that I always re-buy as soon as I run out. Green Highlight means they are somewhat new to me, but I will be re-buying them as soon as I run out.
- Tabasco- Original
- Tabasco- Green
- Cholula- Original
- Melinda’s- Original Habanero
- Ass Kickin’ Roasted Garlic Hot Sauce (made by Southwest Specialty Food)
- Ass Kickin’ Cajun Hot Sauce (made by Southwest Specialty Food)
- Ass Kickin’ Chile Lime Hot Sauce (made by Southwest Specialty Food)
- Dat’l Do-it (Variety Pack)- Scorching Habanero
- Dat’l Do-it (Variety Pack)- Classic Cayenne
- Dat’l Do-it (Variety Pack)- Spicy Jalapeno
- Bay Island Inc (Variety Pack)- Chipotle Hot Sauce
- Brother Bru-Bru’s African Hot Pepper Sauce- Very Hot
- Sante Fe Chili Hot Sauce (made by The All Spice Co)
- Dave’s- Temporary Insanity
- Marie Sharp’s- Fiery Hot Habanero Pepper Sauce
- La Anita- X Hot Grilled Pepper Sauce
- El Yucateco- Hot Sauce Chile Habanero (Red)
- El Yucateco- Hot Sauce Chile Habanero (Green)
- Nando’s Peri-Peri Sauce- Hot
- Trader Joe’s Jalapeno Pepper Hot Sauce
- Trader Joe’s Habanero Hot Sauce
- Tajin- Clasico Regular Snack Sauce
- Salvation Sauce- Cajun Cayenne
- Hellacious Hot Sauce (made by High River Sauces)
- Dancing Bear Farm Hot Pepper Sauce (local)- Moderate Heat
- Miss Delta Ol’ Recipe Hot Sauce
- El Yucateco Black Label Reserve
- Texas Pete Original (gave it away)
- Louisiana “The Perfect Hot Sauce”
- Zaaschila Guacamole & Habanero Extra Hot
- Uncle Dougie’s Habanero Gold One-Hit Hot Sauce
- Jardine’s Street Taco sauce-Hatch Chile Green Sauce
Written by: Jamie
Updated: Jan. 16, 2018